1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe Bryant's finger

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tripp McNeely, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Oh, the possibilities that existed for a thread with such a title.
    However, we'll keep this on the straight and narrow.

Apparently, the Lakers star has torn a ligament in his pinkie finger and if he elects to have surgery, could miss up to six weeks of playing time.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3246576

As a Lakers fan, this is not good news, but the conspiracy theorist in me believes Bryant's finger is hurt no worse than it was when he originally injured it in New Jersey (I believe). He's posted a couple of 30+-point games in the meantime. I do believe it's actually injured, but I think there's a lot of hoopla about it now so that he can bow out of the All-Star Game without being fined so that he can rest his hand and chronically sore knees.

What has the better chance of happening? Bryant having surgery, and paving the way that much more for the Suns to carry Shaq to a fifth title, or that Bryant will simply pull a Ronnie Lott and cut off his finger to keep playing?
    Yeah, I'm thinking option No. 2, as well.

2. FightScribe

FightScribe Member

... has never been in my "kitchen."

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Yeah, there's no way he's sitting, especially being on a team this good for the first time in about four or five seasons. I think there's more to your theory than you think.
    And, as a longtime Rams fan, Ronnie Lott can take his severed finger and shove it.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Will no one think of my fantasy team?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No one cares about your fantasy team. [/spnited]

5. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I think if you somehow let Kobe know that if he keeps playing, you'll win your fantasy league, he'd bust his ass because it's a title that Shaq doesn't have. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

Well, I am, but only a little.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

.. needs to be pulled.

7. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

(May not be safe for work) http://www.poopprank.com/fart-sounds/fart_sound.htm

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I knew that was right around the corner. I'm calling HB clutch tonight.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Got his number?

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Maybe it's his passing finger. That wouldn't be such a big deal.

11. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Dial 411 for Denver, CO's "Cordillera Spa and Resort" hotel.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't need a dynamite law team and a spare $4 million in case something happens, do I?

Draft saved Draft deleted