1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe Bryant torn Achilles'?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Apr 13, 2013.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

SportsCenter just reported that the Lakers believe Kobe Bryant tore his Achilles' tendon in tonight's victory over Golden State. Bryant went down a number of times but kept coming back until the last time late in the game. He made two free throws to tie the game but the Lakers had to foul to get him off the court. He was not looking good limping to the bench.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If true, too bad. Would've been the most entertaining 1-8 playoff matchup ever.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Yes, I will blame D'Antoni. 48 minutes a game past week. Ridiculous. Tonight he could barely move the first two times he got hurt. LEaves him in -- because Kobe again got on one of his ridiculous runs -- and then he goes down for a third time.

4. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

We all knew Kobe would have to be dragged off the court during this attempt for a playoff berth, and eventually into retirement.

Both may have happened tonight.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

At his age and with his style of game, if that's true, that could be a career-ender.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Says he felt a pop. MRI needed to confirm it but the Lakers say they expect that's what it is.

7. old_tony

Totally agree. But when a loss puts you in 9th place, what coach would have done different?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Achilles injuries vary in degrees. When your calf muscle does the windowshade thing up around your asshole like mine in high school, you know it. THAT is a career-ender.

9. old_tony

He met with reporters after the game. Says he knew it when it happened. Hoped he could walk it off and the sensation would come back.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Okay after a few beverages I've softened. I don't blame D'Antoni for the injury; it could happen anytime. But I blame him for: playing hm 48 minutes a game past two weeks, 38 all season. Not taking him out at some point tonight after the first two times he went down. Who knows if any of it led to the injury, probably not. But just from a basketball perspective he could hardly move at times -- give him a damn break.

I definitely think he comes back, though who knows what he'll be like or what the team will look like. but I'm sure there's a marketing exec somewhere already at work on a commercial that will play the day of his first game back.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I blame Jim Buss.

12. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Oh the storylines there will be if the Lakers win the title without him.

Draft saved Draft deleted