1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe alert: 34 with 4:00 in second quarter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Kobe's going bananas against the Grizzlies. Odom's sick and is playing like it, Fisher has a torn tendon in his foot but will play through it, and they were struggling early against horrible Memphis. But he's got 32 right now. In 2002 he had 56 in three quarters against the Grizz and didn't play the fourth.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

As long as it stays close, they won't be able to pull him.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'm so pissed rokski didn't post this.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Sound of crickets.

5. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

So what! The score board is tied up at halftime against the Grizzlies.

They lost to Bobcats the previous night at home and are now struggling against the Griz. It's looks like a 3peat first round exit for Kobe and Co. might happened again this year. I like they're making excuses lke not having Bynum or Gasol, the Rockets only had T-Mac and a bunch of role player yet they're winning without Yao.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Not saying they don't look like crap. But if he goes for 75 or so, it'd be mildly intriguing. He ended the first half with 34, but scored 5 in the first half of the third, so who knows. Rest of the team was like 8 for 30 in the first half.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Where's Trip McNeely when you need him?

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

finishes with 53 in 3-point loss. ho-hum. ::) ::) ::)

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And I've got a bye this week. Fudge.

10. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Haha, they just lost to Bobcats and Grizzlies at home.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

They'll have a bye throughout the playoffs if they keep this kind of play up.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Yeah, they're in danger of dropping completely out of the playoffs. It's bad enough that they made history this week, becoming the first contender to lose to inferior teams at home. The Jordan Bulls who won 72 didn't lose to expansion Toronto (or was it Vancouver?) or anything . . . . .

Come on, now. I understand a long NBA season can be boring, but let's not make ass here.

Draft saved Draft deleted