1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobayashi Arrest... Anyone Care?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CR19, Jul 5, 2010.

1. CR19

CR19 Member

I'm sure everyone has heard about Kobayashi's arrest during the Nathan's Hot Dog contest yesterday. It has been all over the internet and the television. My question is: does anyone really care that he was arrested?

Here's a link to the arrest video:

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't care, but the national news sure as hell seems to. It was on all of the three morning shows I saw this morning.

Granted, I'm an admitted conspiracy theorist, but I think it was staged.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He was in a no-win situation with that... a Kobayashi Maru type situation....

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Well he's got one thing in his favor. Eating skinny long things will make him popular in the joint.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Depends on who his cellmate is.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The jack-booted thug actions of the cops were as American as apple pie.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

What, no taser? he was clearly resisting arrest. I would have tased his ass, at least crack him over the head with a night stick.

But seriously, this is the first I have heard about this -- I have no tv right now -- why was he arrested?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He's out!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100705/ap_on_re_us/us_hot_dog_contest;_ylt=AvoZDI_WO3Ob6R0dNIqVNKKs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNtMmphOW81BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNzA1L3VzX2hvdF9kb2dfY29udGVzdARjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzgEcG9zAzUEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNlYXRpbmdjaGFtcGw-

12. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

This is classic

Draft saved Draft deleted