1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Knowing" sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by duckncover, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I fell asleep shortly after the accident in New York.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

You didn't miss anything. Trust me.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

SPOILER:
    Everyone here is just mad that they don't have their black stone and their white rabbit to get taken off the planet.

I would rather destroy 500 worlds than see this again.
    However, it was better than Windtalkers and Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.
    But just barely, and Chun-Li may actually be neck-and-neck.

I want my Redbox money back

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That was actually an excellent spot to stop things. Just consider that the end of the movie.

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm going to finish the rest of it tonight, I think. I have to how this ends, what the big twist is and some awesome Nic Cage acting !

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A weak attempt by Alex Proyas to be the next Night Shyamalan -- who is breathtakingly terrible in his own right.

The message: When the Rapture comes, we all get a bunny. And not a brown bunny, either.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

[quote author=link=topic=67139.msg2337660#msg2337660 date=1235379094]
    [​IMG]
    [/quote]
    I deserved this for watching Knowing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Just watched it last night. It's not that terrible. For a cheap rental you can do a lot worse. I didn't get the rabbits thing - no, really, what did they represent? - but for most of the movie I was pretty intrigued. As someone else said, it is sort of cool to see the Earth not win one of these the-world-is-ending movies (Deep Impact). The whisper campaign sort of dampened things, but I'm guessing I'll like this more than the next one on our Netflix list: The Day the Earth stood still.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

If it's the original The Day the Earth Stood Still from the 1950s (iirc) you will like it.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

If it's the Keanu version, yes. That movie sucked balls.

Draft saved Draft deleted