1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Knowing" sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by duckncover, Jul 12, 2009.

1. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Nic Cage is a deplorable actor. I don't know why anyone is surprised about this. You could throw shit at a movie screen and it'd be more enjoyable to watch than almost any Cage film.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Knowing ruled.

That is all.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I was into it until maybe the very end.
    And then, The Plot Twist at the end of the movie basically ruined the previous 90 minutes for me.

4. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I wouldn't go so far as to say it ruined it, but I did let out a big "Oh, geez" when that happened. Up till then, I was going along with the flick. I realized it had a lot of holes and wasn't exactly an Oscar winner, but it was reasonably entertaining. Not great, but far from the worst movie I've ever seen. I'm sort of a sucker for those sort of movies, though.

5. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

Event Horizon was brilliant.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Sorry to bring this one back around, but I stumbled on it while looking for something else and I just couldn't pass it by.

1. "Knowing" sucked some serious ass. Mainly because it was presented as something completely different, something you'd want to see. Of course, they left the crap about aliens, everyone dying and the stupid little rocks out of every preview. Wasn't necessarily Cage's fault that it sucked so hard, except that he read the script and still agreed to do it.

2. BigPern, while making the case that Cage had a good run for a few years, presented as evidence the film "Windtalkers" -- a movie that sucked so fantastically bad it should've ended the careers of everyone involved. Holy shit, was that one God awful movie. I mean, I'm usually all for "to each his own," but dude, halfway through there was a black-and-white, naval stock video of ships firing off the coast. It was like a student film.

3. As bad as "Windtalkers" was, it was no "Wicker Man." You wanna see complete shit? You got two choices: Cage strolling around in that dumbass bear costume or actual shit.

4. While I'm willing to give Cage somewhat of a pass for some of these movies, since he didn't write this shit, I always return to "Con Air" with his annoying southern accent and the fact that he was a producer on "Wicker Man" and still was running around in a bear costume. No excuse.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Knowing has my vote for worst and most misleading flick of the year. There's nothing in second place.

8. schiezainc

DON'T YOU DARE CRITICIZE CON AIR!!!! THAT IS THE GREATEST FILM OF ALL TIME!!!!

Sorry, had to vent. :)

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Six words: "Put the bunny back in the box."

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm this close to watching "Knowing". I. just. have. to. see. it.. ah

11. schiezainc

Oh, come on, how great was the reunion scene when that's all he had to offer his daughter and she turned away scared? I cry like a little bitch everytime I see that part of the movie. SO GOOD!!!!!

"Sweet home Alabama!!!!"

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

You've been warned.

Draft saved Draft deleted