1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knocked up - Funnier than the trailer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: Knocked up - Will the movie be as funny as the trailer?

Rogen (about to become the third Freaks and Geeks alum to become household names... James Franco and Linda Cardellini... best show ever. Of course, that was Apatow's baby) to me could play Jeff Garlin's brother in a film.. .their style is similar.

Two other F&G stalwarts, Jason Segel and Martin Starr are in the film.

For fans of the show, check out Starr's imdb. Starr played ubergeek Bill (Seven Minutes in Heaven may be the best episode I have ever seen on network TV).

He's trying to pull off an O'Connell-esque transformation from pathetic-looking kid into decent-looking adult (he ain't gonna quite catch Jerry, but it's still remarkable)

Anyway, long live F&G.
    [​IMG]

2. BlacknGold

BlacknGold Member

Amen...absolutely my favorite show.

3. Msaint

Msaint Member

Another hottie, the drunk-driving chick from 40-Year-Old...

"I want some fuckin' paaaaaaaannnncakes."

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Major points for using the Wu Tang Clan's "Shame On A N---a" in the trailer, one of the truly fun drunken sing-along rap songs of all time.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It was actually french toast, not pancakes. And yes, I think I've seen this movie too many times.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't think it is a coincidence she's married to Judd Apatow.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

[​IMG]

That would be the lovely Leslie Mann. You can also see her in a criminally underrated "The Cable Guy." Hands down Jim Carrey's best movie.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Saw Knocked Up last night in an early screening.
    To say I was pleased is an understatement. I laughed long and hard for most of the show.
    I can't even count how many jokes were missed because the entire theater was laughing and you couldn't hear what the actors were saying.
    The movie is long, over two hours, but worth every minute. When it opens, go see this movie.

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Seth Rogen has another movie coming out this summer, called "Superbad". It's about a couple of nerdy high school kids trying to get beer so they can go to a big party. The kid who was George Michael on "Arrested Development" is one of the leads. The R-rated trailer is hilarious....http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/superbad/

(NSFW and you need a driver's license to see it)

10. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Hope you're right, or somebody's gonna have to bust your cherry with the ignore function. ;D

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hot, yes, but Elizabeth Banks lapped the field in that movie. Good frickin God. She was at unholy levels of hotness...especially when she's in the jacuzzi. Criminy.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Holy shit, the R-rated trailer is good.

Draft saved Draft deleted