1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knocked out of the playoffs has a new meaning in Montgomery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 17, 2009.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Pssst. Not serious. Think Lockup on MSNBC.

They could do the two southern regionals in Troy and Auburn, but Auburn is going into the rotation for the Final Four soon, so that won't work. The Mobile Civic Center isn't on campus, but it is a dump and always tied up this time of year for Mardi Gras. Isn't there some community college with a decent-sized gym that could step up? Hell, if it works in Hanceville ...

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hanceville's gym is awesome for a community college -- every seat a theater seat.
    Mobile didn't want it; and even if they wanted putting one regional in Troy and the other in Auburn is stupid.
    As for the Final Four rotation, that;'s a clusterfuck in the works.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

The digs at ASU aren't really fair here. Yeah, the school has had its problems and the PR folk never seem to handle controversy well (which is odd, given that they deal with so much of it), but they've tried their damndest to do right with this tourney.

I know the TV dude said it didn't seem as if there was enough security, but there was. More than at any other regional, I believe. It just didn't appear that way because you had 1,500 people fighting. The ASU folks never planned for a riot. Silly them, I guess.

And Long had plenty of stuff up early. The problem is the Advertiser's ridiculous posting system on its website, which doesn't give priority to the more deserving breaking news stories. Long's first submissions were likely pushed off the main page by a couple of church socials and a chili cook-off.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

[​IMG]

Hmm. So he's a defensive back with dreads from Carver High. They shouldn't have too much trouble finding this one.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Could AUM's gym not accomodate? I think it holds 4,000. Faulkner?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

When it left Mobile, one of the associate directors lobbied hard for ASU.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

3 pm CT press conference in Montgomery... this should be good. Head of the AHSAA won't ever reveal anything he doesn't have to, facing a negative media event with national focus... Maybe he won't show a douchebag side of him and actually present information

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Man that is some depressing stuff. I covered a similar situation with white folks a few weeks ago. The local television station was there, but the chickenshits refused to show the brawl in their broadcast. Didn't. even. mention. it.

I have a feeling if it were black kids and parents doing the same thing, they would have.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

http://blog.al.com/sentell/2009/02/latest_news_regarding_yesterda.html

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Wonder if he'll mention that he coached Cornelius Bennett in high school ...

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And the ministry of no information continues...
    defending 6A state champ wins on a 3 at the buzzer in OT; TV shows that the ball might still have been in his hands when the buzzer went off... Pool reporter is designated to request a chat with officials to see what they saw... AHSAA says not only no, but hell no... exact quote from the Minister on duty: "I don't see what the big deal is."

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Except if it's an age. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted