1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knight and Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 8, 2010.

1. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

A Few Good Men

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This may sound cruel, but it's not out of line . . .

With NO Nicholson, whaddya got?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I liked it when it came out, but it definitely does not hold up.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Really? I think 'A Few Good Men' holds up pretty well.
    I'm not a Cruise fan, but he didn't ruin the movie for me.
    I think it's one of Reiner's few good movies ('Stand By Me,' 'This Is Spinal Tap,' 'Misery').

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I loved it when I saw it in the theater. The last time I saw it was a few years ago and Nicholson seemed too over the top and so did Cruise in the courthouse scenes. Not a bad movie by any stretch, but I remember thinking, "I remember this being better." as I was watching it.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

For one man, watching Far and Away was probably one of the five best nights of my life.

The year was 1992. I was 17 and dating my first girlfriend. She insisted I take her to see "Far and Away" on a Saturday night that May. Been going out 3 weeks, nothing more than 1st base. In a 3/4 packed theatre, we sit in the back row and, 30 minutes in, she reaches over to where I had my popcorn and "takes it out". Yes, takes it out during Cruise's worst movie ever. She turned into Mandy Pepperidge in the convertible, just without the gloves.

To this day, I still don't know how we didn't get arrested. That was 1 year after Pee Wee Herman's arrest, after all.

Thank you, Tom Cruise.

Draft saved Draft deleted