1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knight and Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does this look like it might be a pretty good movie? Just from the commercials, Cruise seems pretty funny in it, and it looks like there's decent action...

2. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

It's just you. Idiotic title and the film's likely to be a noisy, stupid mess.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not a fan of Cruise and I hate Diaz and I can't wait to see it.

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

It is just you.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Probably the most interesting thing about it will be what it says about Cruise's career. If people don't turn out like they used to for his popcorn movies, it's going to be ominous.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Cruz had a segment on Sesame Street this year, and I never really thought this until I saw here there - she is just so freeking hot in a girl next door type of way. But she has to have six inches on this twit.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to it. Then again, I'm a shameless Tom Cruise fan. Have enjoyed pretty much all of his movies. NY Mag had an entertaining analysis of the trailer, comparing crazy Tom Cruise to the crazy character portrayed in the movie.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/06/why_the_knight_day_trailer_mig.html

8. Mizzougrad96

He was hilarious on the MTV Movie Awards.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I liked it better when it was called "Bird on a Wire."

10. Mizzougrad96

I can still count on one hand how many times Diaz has been good in a non-animated movie.

Most overrated actress working, IMO.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They're not being featured by name in the TV ads. Maybe Cruise and Diaz don't want to be too tied to the film

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I liked her in "The Holiday." But, yeah, can't think of another flick in which she excelled.

Draft saved Draft deleted