1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Klitschko vs. Haye, anybody into this HWT title fight?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mrbio, Jun 27, 2011.

1. mrbio

mrbio Member

It's unification of all HWT titles. Wladimir Klitschko UKR vs David Haye of ENG. IN a soccer stadium in Germany, 50,000 people. Sat night. Lots of bad blood and tension and trash talk from Haye who has totally disrespected Klitschko as boring, a bum, fraud, etc. Now he's got what he wanted, after ducking the fight for two years after all his trash talk. This fight has all the elements, hate, colorful personalities, ego, tension, pride, high stakes, this will be an event on par with Ali - Frazier, Tyson - Holyfield, etc. Is anybody amped up for this, or has it slipped through the cracks in the US media? July 2 from Germany, televised by HBO.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Uh.... no.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I've been waiting to read the biofile on each boxer before I decide who I'm rooting for.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I like the match, simply from the perspective that I didn't think it was ever going to happen. It's like the poor man's version of Manny vs. Mayweather. However, I'm not expecting a classic fight or anything; Wlad is probably going to beat the shit out of him and control the entire fight.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm excited because it's not MMA.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

There's a heavyweight division?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Boxing is still around?

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Is anyone amped up for Brewers-Yankees tomorrow? This will be an event on par with Ali - Frazier, Tyson - Holyfield, etc.

Please feel free to name an event of your own on par with Ali - Frazier, Tyson - Holyfield, etc.

Next to the Klitschko-Haye Handwriting Without Tears event of course.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm thinking this may be more like Greg Page vs. Alfredo Evangelista.

10. mrbio

mrbio Member

This is the one you've been waiting for. This is the one that is going to electrify the world like Ali and Frazier, Hagler-Hearns. Check out this staredown confrontation...

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/klitschko-haye-staredown-88325

11. mrbio

mrbio Member

An inside scoop from Germany, straight from Klitschko trainer Emanuel Steward...

http://www.boxinginsider.com/columns/philip-h-anselmo-just-got-off-the-phone-with-emanuel-steward/

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Oh my.

Draft saved Draft deleted