1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Klinsmann talking with U.S. Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I don't think Dempsey will be pissed off for long. He won't be back with the Revs next year.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

A few things:
    1) I remember the EJ offer. That was before the WC and the league turned it down because Dallas was opening a new stadium and they wanted/needed someone on the marquis.

2) Joseph received an offer a month or two back from England. MLS turned it down under the auspices that it would disrupt team chemistry so close to the end of the season.

3) Dempsey did not receive an offer worth enough money. I am thinking the offseason will be more kind.

4) The MLS system regarding contracts, players, free agents and loans is awful. There is no reason that the league won't accept loans from foreign teams. None.

There is also no reason that players can't become free agents when their contract expires. That system forces middle of the road players to disappear. Why wasn't Henry Ring playing for any team? Well, after his old team didn't want to raise his salary, he was let go. So, he becomes a free agent, right? No, if a new MLS team wants to sign him, they must still compensate his old team. That is bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted