1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kitchen nightmare for Chef Ramsay

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain Obvious, May 15, 2013.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I think the story I heard was that the book for the restaraunt he was opening was stolen and it turned out he was the one who did it to drum up publicity.

I think there are a lot of non saints in the biz because it is a good way to launder and under report money.

First rule of the biz as explained to me by an owner in the mid 90's - first $300 of the day goes into my pocket.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think it might have been the restaurant he was leaving to start his own. Either way, yeah he admitted to paying a biker to steal it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Ramsay#Legal_issues

3. Reporter for Phoenix Business Journal kicked out for complaining about flies in the drinks for her party.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/05/28/reporter-kicked-out-amy-baking-co-after-being-served-drink-with-fly/

Here's a question that the board wants to know, would RickStain would with Amy?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Tonight's Hotel Impossible rivals this episode.

If you get the Travel Channel DVR the repeat showing at 1:00AM EDT. It's the Seaside Heights episode.

You will hate these people.

Here's their take on the episode, which is oddly on the "rooms" page of their website:

Please be advised that we do not endorse or support what has been aired on the travel channel. Super Storm Sandy was a major tragedy that crippled our beloved coast, and we do not take belittling, abuse, and head games lightly! We did not ask for their help NOR did we need their help! To turn around and berate a family, town, and community in need is a MAJOR disgrace! It amazes us how words were interjected and scenes are spliced together to make up a story that fitted their desires! We removed the ENTIRE crew from our premises within the first few hours of shooting due to damaging property, belittling, and manipulation! We were scouted by the show because they claimed to have wanted to help a community in need. It is almost one year later, and our property is still not fully functional thanks to the games and abuse endured! We did NOT sign up for this abuse or treatment! To turn around and say that our story is not right, and that we do not need your help is ridiculous! As a unified family we removed ALL of the GARBAGE from our property for good reason! The entire town removed them because their type of help was NOT needed!

http://www.thethunderbirdmotel.com/3/miscellaneous1.htm

The have a Facebook page, which they don't seem to update, but it's being flooded with negative comments:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thunderbird-Motel/115359961827144

5. sgreenwell

YF, looks like they took down the FB page, or the link you provided isn't working. I haven't scene tonight's HI yet, but I've loved the show in the past. With that show and most of Ramsay's stuff, it's hard to see how people can be receiving that unfair of an edit, unless they're claiming that the TV crews are planting mold and cockroaches at their places. I did very casually know a girl who was fired during an episode of Bar Rescue, and it was not the least bit surprising that she was fired.

6. YankeeFan

Yeah, they must have deleted the Facebook page. Link worked before, now it's gone.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. YankeeFan

That's it.

Did you watch? Did you hate them?

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm like 10 minutes in and I hate the host more than the family. What a douche.

10. YankeeFan

Get out of here. I love that guy.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I mean, I know a holiday was coming up and it was important for some reason, but the 27 times he mentioned it in the first seven minutes didn't really drive it home.

12. sgreenwell

I kind of like his urgency. It can go overboard at times, but at least he always seems like he gives a shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted