1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kiss today goodbye ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by pressboxer, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Once had a story edited by a non-sports person, who got a little too excited about our rule about putting weekday names in quotes. Manager had gone off on a pretty funny rant when someone asked if the next day's game was a must win - it was about 30 games into the major-league season. He used about a dozen "one and done" and "backs against the wall" cliches, all with great sarcasm - "Which wall? This wall? The dugout wall? The outfield wall?". I send the story, including bits of his rant, and then get an email from the lonely person on the desk.

"When X said 'If we don't win tomorrow, there will be no tomorrow,' should I make one of those (Tuesday) and the other one (Wednesday), or should they both be Tuesdays?"

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That person reminds me of the overzealous copy editor who wrote the headline about the Enola Homosexual exhibit.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

A snip-snip here and a tuck-tuck there, and a few tra-la-las, and it will always be readable.

Draft saved Draft deleted