1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KISS drummer says he had breast cancer ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm sure Gene, upon hearing the news, tried to talk Peter into buying a KISS coffin.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Despite the fact that he gave the band the biggest hit record it ever had or ever will have.

Also glad he's all right, and is speaking out.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

He can now change the lyrics to his most-well known song to "Breast I hear you calling ..." Too soon?

As a huge KISS fan when I was a kid, I hope nothing for the best for Peter Criss. KISS isn't KISS without he and Ace.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Bands have health insurance?

I guess it makes sense. I'd just never thought of that.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Simmons will find someway to take Criss' illness and make himself some money.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Gene Simmons is repugnant but he makes a pretty good B-movie baddie.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Gene is a good heel. I like that Dr Pepper commercial too. Tough news for Peter Criss and I hope he whups this. The only major band I can think of that had a lousier drummer than him is The Eagles.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

CNN just did a multi-part series on how a large number of men who had served at Camp LeJeune in North Carolina were all suffering from breast cancer. It was a pretty interesting read considering most people don't know men can get it.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

On "Oz" Ryan O'Reily had breast cancer. Bad enough you're in jail, then you get breast cancer? I miss that show.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Not me. It kept me awake at night.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

It was a terrifying show. Every week, I'd be sitting down to watch and thinking "why am I doing this to myself?"

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

It's actually on Directv's 101 channel. I never saw it on HBO the first time around, but DVR it every week now.

Draft saved Draft deleted