1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kirk Gibson can't be bothered to attend his son's HS graduation (SIAP)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

As a parent ...

"you're supposed to be there when they graduate."

Douche, part infinity.

2. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

A real man would have gone to the graduation.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Covered his older kid a few years ago when he was playing junior hockey in our area. Got the feeling he wasn't a big fan of daddy just from the tone when we spoke. And I saved the daddy questions until the very end, when I told him I was pretty much obligated to at least ask about him. That said, Gibson was at one of his early road games here.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Are you claiming that story is true?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thousands of times over with only slight variations.

Gibson's favorite phrase to anybody appearing to be a "fan" has always been "fuck you."

Double ditto for the media.

6. Smasher_Sloan

I've covered Kirk Gibson and didn't especially like him. But I find it impossible to believe an exchange with two respectful fans went down anything like that.

7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I believe it. Shoot, I had a similar exchange (not to that degree, but similarly vulgar) when I was about 10 years and I dared to ask George Brett for an autograph outside a K.C. restaurant as he was leaving with some hot blonde.

8. Smasher_Sloan

He called you a "dumb fuck" and told you he was headed to a strip club?

9. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

No, like I said not to that degree. I asked for an autograph and he said, "I don't have time to sign any fucking autographs."

He was clearly drunk and only had time to get that blonde back to wherever he was going to give her a good pile-driving.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Not quite the same as allegedly responding to compliments from a man and his 12-year-old son by calling them "dumb fucks" on stadium grounds after a game.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If it makes you feel any better, George Brett paid for his sins with a case of hemorrhoids.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

"dad, you coming to my high school graduation?"

"fuck you. take me to the strip club."

Draft saved Draft deleted