1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kings' Stoll: Offseason trip to penalty box

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ChrisLong, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

God damn, Marshall. That is gold.

Mr. Sunshine, Lugnuts and Songbird like this.
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

She has national ad campaigns. She's fair game and a bigger public figure than her BF. Sorry, hockey fans, but there are many parts of the country that think the only icing is on a cake.

Plus, attractive female reporters from ESPN are having a bad week. This stuff grows exponentially in news value when it happens back-to-back.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

eight or wrong, fair or not, Erin Andrews is in the headline because more people Google her. That's the way it works now. You could have a congressman busted for coke after seeing an American Idol third runner up in concert and if the crappy singer is better for SEO she's in the headline.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

She works for ESPN?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I can't speak for all lawyers, but of the ones I know, and it's quite a few, none of them to my knowledge do drugs, nor would I suspect that they do. I'd bet pretty good money that they don't. They work. That's mostly what they do. It's a shockingly tame group. Even the once-a-blue-moon work happy hour clears out in 30 minutes.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

How do you think they stay awake long enough to do all that work?

I'm kidding. I'll take your word for it. I just figured all lawyers were like Davey Kleinfeld in Carlito's Way.

7. Dick Whitman

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the younger ones took Adderall or other ADD medications, but they are all so straight-laced, I suspect the number is pretty low as compared to, say, investment bankers. Again, that's just the feeling I get.

New York might be a different animal, though.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

How many hours a week do lawyers work?

9. Dick Whitman

It varies widely, depending on how busy you are. 50-60 is pretty typical, though. I think I hit 70 once.

I think I billed (including pro bono) just short of 2,200 last year, but only in the 1,400-1,500 range my first year.

10. Riptide

How many hours do lawyers bill for chat forums? Do they bill for lunch, too?

JackReacher and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You've worked this angle in the past, but it's never funny.

Are you trying to get a laugh, or are you trying to just get a rise out of Dick?

It honestly comes across as bitterness and jealousy.

Hang in there Riptide. If the political tide goes your way, you'll be making $15 an hour within a few years.

Iron_chet likes this.
  12. Riptide

lol. Strong defense, counselor!

JackReacher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.