1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kings' Stoll: Offseason trip to penalty box

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ChrisLong, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Kings winger Jarret Stoll arrested Friday in Las Vegas with cocaine and ecstasy.

Kings' Jarret Stoll arrested in Vegas on suspicion of drug possession - LA Times

And one of the other news sites I saw last night brings up the question journalist standards (I know, those are long gone). Its headline said something like: Erin Andrews' boyfriends, Jarret Stoll, arrested etc. etc. etc. She wasn't even there.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Just shocked. Kings player busted for coke. I imagine Richards, Carter and a few others weren't far away.

Hockey's dirty little secret is how common this is.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When I went to Wet Republic a few years ago, I was shocked coke and X weren't handed out at the door.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Use the stick to chop thicker rails.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Regarding the headline, yeah, I don't think she deserves to be brought into this. But when you date one of these guys and he gets popped, I guess that's the course of doing business.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And sad that more people know who she is than her NHL-playing BF.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Very true. I can see the headline writer's thinking. Who is this guy, he's pretty unknown as a hockey player. Ahhhhh, but he is Erin Andrews' boyfriend. Again, not terribly fair to her but the way of the world.

8. Songbird

He's not exactly a nobody, with 58 playoff games and 26 playoff points the last 3 years on a 2-time champion.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

She's a sports reporter at a major network. She's dating an athlete in one of the big four sports, though not one she covers. Is it fair? Probably not. But it comes with the territory.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I've barely heard of him, and I work in sports. Admittedly, I don't follow the NHL as a whole too much. But I would think he is relatively not well known.

11. Songbird

TMZ is working really hard to see how deep she is involved.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

She's either got some serious questions for her BF or she's got some serious questions to answer, unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.