1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

King Puts His Knee Pads on For...........

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Monday Morning QB at the Super Bowl. Who does PK suck up to - Brady? Kraft? Manning ? Coughlin ? No .....Tiki Barber. Huh?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/01/27/superbowlweek/index.html

Thanks Pete I really wondered if Tiki had regrets. I know Giant fans don't.

2. C'mon, Boom, it's only Day One.
    Give the man a chance to work his mojo. I say he hits for the cycle before the week's out.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

As an NFL fan, I think I can fairly state that the Giants haven't been relevant for decades - until they:
    a) played New England tough in December
    b) won at Tampa
    c) won at Dallas
    d) won at Green Bay

Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey and the likes are and have been completely irrelevant to anyone outside Gotham. Until the New England game in December, the Giants may have well have been the Arizona Cardinals. On their big moment, why would King choose to write about a nobody?

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I've heard the theory that Eli's blossoming is a direct result of Shockey's absence. That Shockey intimidated Eli and belittled him.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why not? He doesn't even have to, you know, be at the Super Bowl to suck up to the guy he works with.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I find it to be a pretty interesting story. How many times does an athlete bow out at the top of their game? And how do they deal with the fact that their team makes the championship game in that player's absence. Granted, PK may not be the most impartial guy in the world because they work together, but it was still interesting to me.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Same thing happened (in greater Phoenix, too) to Peyton Manning with Tee Martin.

8. Boom_70

Because no one cares what Tiki thinks. He is irrelevant to the Giants going to the Super Bowl.

Tiki took his shot and missed. Goodbye.

Eli growth emerging from Shockey injury is an interesting theory. At times Shockey did seem to generate a lot of negative energy if the ball was not being thrown to him.

I lean more to the idea that Boss is better blocker and runs more discipline pass routes.

9. Boom_70

Fine, but King failed to ask Tiki the most pressing question - What does he think about the job that Coughlin did this year? In week 1 Tiki / NBC made such a big deal about what a crappy coach that Coughlin was, I'd like to know what he thinks now.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Just consider the what could of been had Mr Favre been here.

I shudder at the thought. Wait, change that. I wretch at the thought.

11. Boom_70

Well King has had some fine moments in Arizona. Who could forget one of his finest moments when he tricked the little boy going after Tejada foul ball so that he could grab it for himself - and then proudly write about it.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I need to put my glasses on.. I thought this said "King Putz" which works too, I suppose

Draft saved Draft deleted