1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

King of the Hill Series Finale

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, Sep 13, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

KOTH was great. My favorite episode was the dog dancing episode, or anything with funny story lines involving Bill.

Did Dale ever find out about John Red Corn?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Great episode.

Hank taking a stand when the Alamo was taken out of the school curriculum for a chapter on Selena was pretty solid as well.

3. Loved Bill. And Dale.
    No I don't think Dale ever found out.
    I caught the last 15 minutes fo the show and wondered if that was the finale.
    What was with Boomhauer's wallet? It had a badge?

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

According to Wikipedia so you KNOW it's true, Dale finds out in the first of four episodes that'll debut on adult swim and/or syndication. Obviously it doesn't result in anything storychanging like a divorce, since Dale is shown massaging Nancy as part of the show-closing scene.

5. Mystery Meat II

They closed in on it so we could see his driver's license, which finally reveals his first name -- Jeff.

EDIT: There was in fact a badge, an according to Wikipedia, it was a Texas Ranger badge.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And Dale had some goofy ass line like "I may not be sensual like John Red Corn but I did see a raccoon get mauled today."

Where was Bill at the end of the montage?

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That was pretty good. I also liked the episode where Strickland gets a MySpace page. Or when Bobby became Buck's caddy. Actually, anything with Buck was great.

Kahn's character is awesome too. He has great neighbors, but just calls them hillbillies all the time.

8. \
    Shit.
    I was focused on the badge, trying to read it. 'Cause I don't recall Boomhauer having a job.

9. Mystery Meat II

Looked it up on Wikipedia a few minutes ago, and you're right, there was a badge. Turns out 'ol Jeff is a Texas Ranger. That would have been a decent little spinoff.

Liked the ending, but I always imagined the final episode would have Buck retire/jailed/dead and Hank finally becoming manager of Strickland Propane, or him finally getting tired of Buck's shit and starting his own propane and propane accessories business.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Actually, we did. I'm watching a few earlier episodes now, and in "Uh-Oh Canada," (this season) when Boomhauer exchanges houses with a Guelph family for the summer, the mom calls him Jeff when he returns.

11. Mystery Meat II

Ah. That's one of the few episodes I haven't seen.

The Wikipedia entry also puts forth the idea that the Texas Ranger badge is a fake and a prop to hook up with women, as was his character.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Didn't see it -- I've seen a few seasons of KOTH on reruns over the years, but lost track of it a couple years ago (before Cotton shuffled off the mortal coil).

I wish Judge would have had cameo appearances by Beavis and Butt-Head, now in their late 20s, in the series finale.

Draft saved Draft deleted