1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

King/Dobbs/Richardson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good Larry King right now with Lou Dobbs and Gov. Richardson. They're both eloquent and would make a great ticket in a perfect world. The guv has lost quite a bit of weight.

2. You lose weight before the campaign because you gain it during the campaign.
    Richardson's running.

3. Songbird

Of course he is. I knew he would 10 years ago when I watched him Sundays on Meet the Press or other talking head shows. He has a way about him. And he's got international experience, especially with the NoKo's.

4. Songbird

I'd love to see Dobbs run, too.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

He told me he's starting game 4 for the Mets.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I heard he was going to manage the Yankees.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Richardson can divide by zero.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Idaho in the hizzouse.

But I'd never vote for him. Colbert, maybe. But not Dobbs.

9. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

What exactly would Dobbs' platform be, beyond a giant electric fence for those pesky Mexicans and a vague promise to "support the middle class?" So it takes two incomes just to get by ... what exactly will your government do about that, Lou?

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

If someone ran 3rd party on that platform, it would guarantee President Hillary.

11. Songbird

The interview/debate session last night was strange in that Dobbs looked and sounded more and more like he is taking the first steps toward running for high office. Regardless, I enjoyed seeing Dobbs and Richardson listen to each other's arguments respectfully and offer their opinions civilly. They're fantastic orators and they would work really well together. They disagree on many issues, but I think forging a political partnership would allow them to find a middle ground for solutions to a wide range of problems. I don't think I've ever really seen two men in their positions play off of each other so well in that type of forum.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You know who should run for office? Jack Cafferty. Whatever your politics, he will appeal to your inner crab. Howard Beale lives!

Draft saved Draft deleted