1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kindness of strangers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Sep 20, 2010.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine posted this on his Facebook page and I thought it was a great little show of kindness:

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When I was in college, and I worked for a small paper about 40 miles of campus, I was on my way there and a rain storm turned to an ice storm. My alternator went out and my car died in the middle of nowhere. I didn't really realize it, but it was in a bit of danger.

Some farm family, I still don't know their names, helped me out and took me to their farm so I could make some calls. The tow truck had a 60-minute drive, so they let me stay warm at their house.

I got towed up to the town I was headed to and a classmate of mine who was going out with one of my friends let me stay the night at her house.

I didn't have any money to give to that family, but I've always appreciated that.

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Last week I heard a piece on the radio about The 93 Dollar Club:

Draft saved Draft deleted