1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kindle Unlimited

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 3, 2015.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It didn't even look to me to be a problem with recent releases. I have a gazillion books that are older or have been out for a while that are on my "get to" list. They didn't have any of them. Their list looked really lame. Beyond bargain bin lame, when I used to troll used book stores.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I probably went a good decade between trips to the library, but now that they have digital downloads where you don't have to set foot in the place, that's the way I seem to be going. It's not a money issue, I had Amazon Prime free for three months after the first Kindle Fires came out and the selection was horrible.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As sidebar I picked up a Kindle HD 7 for a tad more that a 100 bucks and just love
    the thing. After sign in immediately picked up all my music , video's and books
    off Amazon cloud. Sound and video quality are fantastic. Works easily
    with my cable provider on the go app so I now have TV everywhere .

Meshes well with Amazon prime for the music and videos. I really signed up
    for Prime for the 2 day shipping so everything else is a bonus

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I still have my iPad 2 and when I was setting up the Samsung tablets that my kids got for Christmas, I was getting a little jealous. It's safe to say when the iPad craps out I will not be buying another Apple tablet.

5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I'll echo Boom, but add that I got a Fire HDX 8.9. My experience is the same. Everything synced during sign-up, and it's a pleasure to use.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Also enjoying a free 6 months of The Washington Post on My Kindle 7. Starting to
    see the logic of Bezos purchase.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

On sale today if you have Amazon Prime. My wife just bought a year for $80.

Draft saved Draft deleted