1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kindle or Sony Reader

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by I Digress, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

There is a third option -- the e-book or b-book or ez-book or whatever it is. A friend of my stepmother's has it and rates it higher than either the kindle or the reader. Could be because of Canadian access issues, but she loves the thing.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Mrs. OOP asked if I wanted one, but then we saw the cost and it's a bit much. That said, I'll be looking for that review.

Better yet, give us a report on what else he does for you for No. 10. Some of us need ideas to rip off. Mrs. OOP and I will be celebrating our 10th in July.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The Kindle app is outstanding.

One thing I don't care for reading from such a tiny screen. It makes it difficult, at least for me, to plow through a book. Typically I grow through about 30 flicks -- I suppose that's a page or something close -- before my eyes need a break.

4. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Oop... go up a few posts. I got the Kindle. Early.

5. outofplace

I saw that. Thought perhaps there would be something beyond the present...then again, that may enter into private territory. :)

6. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Ah. NOt our anniersary yet!

7. outofplace

True...but yours is before mine, so I've got time to steal any good ideas. :)

From one married person approaching the 10th anniversary to another, congrats on one decade. May there be many more.

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Right back at you. I've got the Kindle. We're going on a cruise. I'm not sure what else to expect. The cruise should be loads of fun, plus expensive, yummy drinks.

Draft saved Draft deleted