1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kind of a sad Drew Brees story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I think we're all trying to figure out their relationship and assign blame when we have 0.0000001 percent of the information here.

People think I'm nuts because my mom and dad drive me batshit crazy - "They're so nice!" But, as with any family, nobody knows what went on behind closed family doors for 21-22 years. Obviously at some point you should let it go, at least in most cases, but it's hard for me to figure out the dynamics of Brees' relationship with his mom without knowing more information.

I just think it's sad because I can remember sitting in the Purdue press room when Momma and Daddy Drew, along with Sister Drew, strolled in and sat in the back, all with Drew jerseys on, proud as can be.

Who ever knows how this stuff goes bad? But it's always sad.

2. trounced

trounced Active Member

Drew's mom and dad are divorced. Drew also has a step-mom. I think this has more to do with it than anything.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Uh-oh...does this mean DyePack is an IU graduate? If so we'll actually have something in common. Yikes.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Not a Hoosier.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

http://sportspickle.com/features/volume5/2006-1101-brees.html

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I didn't really laugh at that article until Brees called his mother syphilitic. That word always gets me.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Drew's mom is running as a Democrat. How many Democrats are there among pro athletes? His teammates probably didn't feel his mom was cool, and maybe he took it to heart.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Were you trying to be funny, or was that an unintentional, we're-laughing-at-you kind of funny?

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

This sounds a lot more serious than just his mother's political leanings. There's obviously bad blood between the two.

10. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Except for golfers, I doubt many of those guys really care about that sort of thing. Actually, the racial makeup of most NFL locker rooms would tell me they tend to lean left.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I imagine more of them pay close attention to politics than we'd think. Tax issues and all...

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

This kind of discussion always reminds me of Charles Barkley telling his mother that he's a Republican. His mother scolded him, asking him how he could be a Republican -- they're the party of rich people. To which Charles replied, ``But, Mom, I am rich people!''

Draft saved Draft deleted