1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Killing Kennedy"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If anyone is ever in Dallas, the JFK museum is the best museum I've ever been to. I've been there a couple times and if you're any kind of history or conspiracy buff, it's a pretty great way to spend a few hours.

I used to read or watch anything I could about JFK. I haven't kept up as much with some of that recently.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Google-searching various Kennedy-related terms, and getting past Page 6 or so, makes for probably the best Internet experience ever. It's fantastic. The only thing I'd put close to it is the examination of the Hurricane Carter case. (He totally did it BTW.)

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not nearly as easy a shot as some of you are saying:

4. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

http://www.retrojunk.com/article/show/417/the-death-of-garfield

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

The FBI and CIA withheld information from the Warren Commission, and the FBI did their best to blame the Secret Service. J. Edgar Hoover, the biggest bureaucrat in United States history, tried to take protection of the President away from the Secret Service. Mark Lane did a great job taking apart the Warren Commission report.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

FYI, PBS has a special tonight on how the initial investigation was botched. Just set the DVR.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up. For those of you in Southern California, it is Channel 50 at 9 pm

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I do not believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. He may very well have been the only person firing a gun in Dealey Plaza on Nov. 22, 1963, but his actions were not those of a single individual just deciding to kill the President of the United States and getting lucky. I don't know what exactly what happened. I really don't. As I have said on previous Kennedy threads, the only intentional government involvement was sweeping as much as it could under the rug in an effort to wrap things up neatly. Oooops. That didn't work.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Just throwing this in here:

"Ruby and Oswald" 1977 TV dramatization of the events surrounding the assassination. Pretty much terrible acting throughout and the editing is rough, but it uses a lot of the actual locations and sticks closely to what the Warren Commission reported.

10. Dick Whitman

The PBS show was interesting. In particular, they recreated the single-bullet theory using some ballistics experiments. It definitely checks out. The bullet tumbles sideways after passing through flesh, which is consistent with Connally's wounds and the condition of the recovered bullet.

They were just starting to address "back and to the left" when I had to get in the shower, but I think I know where that was going. It was his body seizing from brain damage, not moving from the impact.

11. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

I'm way late to this, so apologies. They did nitrate tests on the Oswald cheek casts in 1964. That test was supposed to be far more reliable than paraffin tests. His casts were negative.
    And from what I remember, the control group all tested positive on the nitrate tests after firing a similar rifle -- in fact, the residue was found on both cheeks, not just the one flush with the rifle.

12. Dick Whitman

Is that in a book? Where did you see that?

Draft saved Draft deleted