1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kill Your Idols: Tupac Shakur

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Feb 6, 2013.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't even know what you're arguing any more. If she doesn't want him, then she's a strong woman, but if she sleeps with him, then she's a bitch and a ho and a tramp? Nothing in "Wonder Why They Call U Bitch" had anything to do with one experience.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I simply responded to your post about "uptown girl" ...

The overall point I make, which you disagree with, is that he treats all women as pussy to be conquered, and nothing more.

3. imjustagirl

Fair enough.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Nope. He said "We ain't ready to see a black president." And we weren't ready in 1992 when he recorded it, nor in 1998 when it was released.

Oh, and Verse, he died 1996, not 2006. Allegedly anyway. He was wearing the new Jordans in that one video after all. ;)

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

My first thought when I saw the thread title was "didn't someone beat us to this one?"

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This thread is everything I expected it to be.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

All Eyez on Me Disc 2 is horrible.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

By and large, perhaps, but there are 4 strong songs:

Shorty Wanna Be A Thug
    Wonder Why They Call U Bitch
    Ratha Be Your Nigga
    All Eyez on Me

9. imjustagirl

10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

A major core audience for so-called "gangsta rap," the audience that pushed its popularity into the stratosphere, has long been Midwest white kids. They have no clue about anything that is being said, but they lap up every word.

Of course, the main audience for metal has always been skinny - often ugly - suburban kids who are angry even though they have little to really be angry about.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I can't figure out why he let so many potentially great tracks be ruined by the Outlawz. Did no one bother telling him they were all awful? They ruined what could have been tremendous tracks in "Hail Mary" and "Me Against the World," most egregiously.

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted