1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kill Your Idols: Tupac Shakur

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Feb 6, 2013.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I still don't get it. But hey, to each his/her own.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

In one song he hammers on bitches and ho's, but in the other songs he loves to fuck bitches and ho's.

Perceived dissonance aside, his talent was strong.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I hammer on the evils of ice cream but I still eat it.

4. imjustagirl

Again, no.

It's BECAUSE bitches and hos are good for nothing but sex and tricks. You hammer on strong women resorting to acting like a bitch or a ho, in hopes they will rise above it.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You keep your actions with ice cream to yourself.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I guess "Kill Your Idols" has already moved on to "Shoot Your Idols Outside the MGM Grand."

7. Songbird

IJAG, if you're saying he amplified a parable for "strong" women who were out of their element then sure, you have a point.

To me, however, it goes back to the rapper and his thug life braggadocio of fucking bitches and ho's -- in that I think he lumped all women into the category of bitches and ho's.

Look at another song on Eyez: "N-I-G-G-A" ...

Song:

Lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/2pac/rathabeyanigga.html

We don't know if she's "strong" or a bitch/ho, but she has a man. And here comes Thug-life trying to fuck her 7 ways till Sunday -- and that's all he really wants from her, pussy -- so he's basically treating her like the "Bitch" in the other song.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Gettin' a little too real up in this beeyotch. It's time for that Friends thread.

9. Songbird

And you wonder why they call you Bitch.

When Ross was on his knees, head against Rachel's womb, pleading for her not to leave ... yeah, that was awful.

10. imjustagirl

I really think we totally hear him differently.

In this song, specifically, this line right here tells me she's a higher-class woman: "You want a nigga, but think that you can't have a nigga" She has a desire for the rough side, but it's not acceptable, so she sticks with her safe life. He's offering to show her how "a thug" can be.

So she's not a bitch/ho. She's the "Uptown Girl" in Billy Joel language.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tupac didn't know shit. According to him, Obama was never going to be elected.

12. Songbird

But he's thug life, IJAG, so what the hell good is that going to do for an "uptown girl" (short- or long-term), other than she's going to become an uptown tramp?

And then Tupac gets tired of Miss Uptown Thang after 2 weeks and kicks that pussy to the curb. Where does that leave her? Is it her fault for letting a thug manipulate her ass into sweaty sex even though she has a man?

I don't think we hear it differently. I just hear one message being opposite to the rest of his "thug" life.

Draft saved Draft deleted