1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Kill your idols" threads: Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Feb 6, 2013.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

They've had a brief, but brilliant career. If they were to be deleted tomorrow, have they done enough? Or do they have more to prove?

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If the third one out of the chute is Tupac, I have to think "Kill Your Idols: Boy Meets World" is right around the corner.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I can only hope so. Would love to hear the thoughts of Versatile and Double Down on Cory, Topanga and the new feminism.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

My takeout actually will focus on Shawn Hunter and Hollywood's new interpretation of the playboy.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Minkus' hazing represented the mocking of American middlebrow culture.

Mr. Feeney's plight represented the deep chasm between the Greatest Generation and Generation Y.

Discuss.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Minkus grew up to be a copy editor.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Close. He grew up to be a sports anchor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouth_McFadden

[​IMG]

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not before Olerud.

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Topanga was NOT attractive.

Looked too much like Candace Cameron.

Discuss.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Danielle Fishel had the right look for the role, much like Danica McKellar did. They both have very unique facial features that kind of played to their TV personalities, Topanga's outgoing nature and Winnie's guarded chastity.

And Candace Cameron grew up to be much hotter than her Full House sisters (and Topanga, for that matter).

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

God, I hated Winnie.

If you don't like the guy, say so. If you do, say so. Don't leave him hanging, to make faces while Daniel Stern talks.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

She redeemed herself in the barn. There is talk of ATM.

Draft saved Draft deleted