1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kids these days - I don't understand: VT kicker arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My friend Andy Bitter wrote this story, though I'm sure others have, too. I'll let the stupidity speak for itself.

http://bit.ly/rEwt2R

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Maybe this is all a big misunderstanding and Cody was just going door to door to sell Sugar Bowl tickets, Girl Scout style.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

5-11, 178-pound kicker vs. 6-5, 220-pound shooting guard. I'll take the latter ...

4. Moderator1

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Like Merle Haggard, this kid is likely to "turn 21 in prison."

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

One of the other kids popped was the son of former Liberty basketball coach Randy Dunton.

I told Andy this earlier, maybe Journell should transfer to Liberty. They tend to let kids with outstanding felony charges play these days ...

7. Moderator1

as long as they go to chapel.

Dunton was at the hearing, story noted. Must be difficult as a dad - I'd be tempted to climb over the railing and beat the shit out of my kid my own self.

Another former Lynchburg writer (Bitter is an alum of that fine paper), Nate Crossman, was at one of the trials in the Marcus Vick mess. He happened to be seated next to the kids' parents when the video was played of him cavorting with an underage. He said he felt awful for them, just awful.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Crossman, I believe, was also the reporter who went to cover a Gretna football game but turned into a news writer when shots were fired at the stadium.

Ain't no big thing, Gretna ...

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Dunton kid looks like a real winner.

The bitches are going to love that head-band in jail.

10. Moderator1

No wonder Crossman got out of the business. I always thought he was too smart for this.

11. Moderator1

That may be a bandage of some sort. My "moles" told me the "physical altercation" was rather one-sided.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Saw him wasted in one of the local bars when he was still underage. Was our area hoops player of the year when he was a senior several years ago. Went to the same school that Logan Thomas went to. Hell, the two may have been hoops teammates at one point. I can't remember. Not sure what he's doing in Blacksburg this days. Kid's a bit sketchy, for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted