1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kids say the darndest things

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ashy Larry, Jul 1, 2009.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

A friend of mine's son, when he was about three, thought "some day" and "Sunday" were the same word.

One day he went up to his parents. "When are Grandpa and Grandma coming?" he asked.
    "Sunday!" they said with enthusiasm.
    To which he said, "Oh," then sighed and walked away.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was taking my 3-year-old son to day care the other day and one of the other classes had made pictures of clowns, but were using small round balloons as noses. My 3-year-old looked at me and said, "It looks like a boobie."

I just about died.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

#1--When the Jr. Chef was about 3, my wife went into our bedroom, and accidentally closed her foot in the door.

She lets out a blood-boiling "FUCK"

The kid.....calm as can be.....walks into our bedroom, and says "Mom, it's not nice to say fuck like that."

#2--Me, my dad, bro. in law, and Jr. Chef are all golfing.....Jr. is 5 or 6 at the time.....he'd been golfing several times before.

I hit one into the thick rough, and mumble "son of a bitch" to what I think is to myself......the kid throws down a ball in the fairway, takes a John Daly-like rip at one, and tops it 3 feet in front of him.......his response.......yep........"son of a bitch"

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think my nephew was five or six years old when this one happened. It was a long time ago. The kid's going to be a junior in college this fall.

He was still having trouble with pronunciations of some sounds. In particular, "TR" came out as "F." This of course delighted my brother, who was visiting our mother (I was living at home at the time) with his wife and their two little ones.

"Hey, (OOP's nephew)....say dump truck!"

Eager to please, my nephew does as he is told, and of course it comes out as, "dumb fuck." My brother starts laughing and I can't quite hold it back myself. Seeing us laugh of course encourages the little guy.

So now he's running around my mother's place yelling "dumb fuck" over and over again, laughing hysterically even though he has no idea why it is funny.

My sister-in-law is a patient, even-tempered woman....most of the time...

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

and then he copied his old man again by cutting off his toe.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Get me some Lucky Charms or I'll gut you like a fish.

9. outofplace

That's fucking great.

10. outofplace

More fun with little kids saying stuff little kids shouldn't say. Not as good as Fire Truck, but funny.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Good thread. My favorite, though, was Fenian's story about "No more Pete Domenici!"

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

People who think it's cute to make their kids say vulgar things can go fly a kite.

Draft saved Draft deleted