1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kids foods that you still love

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Jul 2, 2010.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Spaghettios and Pop Tarts.

I'll also add in the good 'ol grilled cheese sandwich.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'll eat cheese by the slice.

3. fromage et frottage

fromage et frottage New Member

Bon monsieur!

Pommes de terre frites

4. TheS

TheS Member

Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Cocoa Puffs.

Great, now I need Cocoa Puffs.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

A grilled cheese sandwich is not adult food?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I didn't even know they still made Spaghetti-O's until a month or so ago when I was slumming around in Save-A-Lot stocking up on ramen noodles and bagged rice, and they had jumbo cans on sale for a buck.

It's no longer "Franco-American," now it's Campbell's.

Somehow I got curious and Googled, and apparently Campbell's, which had owned Franco-American all along, decided in the early 1990s they wanted to go for "brand consistency" and consolidate under one corporate name, so hasta la vista Franco-American and hello Campbell's Spaghetti.

Christ, as a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, we ate Franco-American every week (sometimes more than once -- it keeps for days in the fridge). I was never real big on Spaghetti-O's, I usually went for just regular spaghetti, but up until high school I ate that stuff all the time.

I bet I hadn't had a can in 30 years but I grabbed a couple cans and threw 'em in the cart. Had some the next night, and it was still damn good.

I looked at the label, and while it certainly wouldn't qualify as health food, it was lower-calorie than a lot of the other crap I eat.

8. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

beenie weenies and mac and cheese.

9. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Did anyone else go through this phase the first time you lived on your own where you bought a bunch of kids cereals that you'd have otherwise been ashamed to eat as an adult?

Or was it just me?

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Pop Tarts.

I still get a taste for Froot Loops from time to time.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Apparently not, though that certainly didn't keep me from enjoying one for lunch today.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I eat peanut butter sandwiches at least four days a week. Love 'em.

Draft saved Draft deleted