1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kids, don't try this at home.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

or anywhere else for that matter.

Man killed when beer keg explodes

My second thought after "That poor guy!" was "Don't they have deposits on kegs in Connecticut?"

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

C'mon . . . they'd just finished a keg. It's not hard to figure out the result when liquored up people have the choice of "40 bucks--cool explosion . . . 40 bucks--cool explosion, ah, it's on the credit card anyway--what the hell!"

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Goddamn, being in this business is killing me. The biggest thing I saw in the story was AP using "over" instead of "more than."

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

$40 deposit?

Seems to me they're around $70 here, depending on the size of the keg.

I still don't get how someone would think that was a good idea.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Link to the MySpace profile of the man who died: http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2006/10/22/Sean_Caselli_(22)_was_killed_by_an_explosion_after_a_Keg_was_thrown_into_a_fire

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Reading the comments his friends left him are pretty fucked up. Especially the one that is written before he goes to said party where he dies:

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

$40 sounds about right for a quarter keg. And I have the compelling urge to try that just to see what it's like when the entire neighborhood shakes from the explosion.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I must admit, it's been a long time since I bought a keg, and longer still since I had to put out a cash deposit. I gladly defer to you on this :)

However, when there are boozed up people involved, I don't think the extra $30 would make a difference. It wouldn't have when I got hammered at keg parties.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Geez. I've hosted a kegger or three in my college days and the deposit was $60. And that was 12 years ago.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

RIP, you drunk. Oh, and sorry about losing the deposit, too.

11. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

It's tough enough to send young adults out into the world without some fucking douchebag tossing a keg into a fire.

I mean WTF? I did more drugs, drank more beer, downed more shots and cut a gaudier swath through the female population of the eastern seaboard's finer educational institutions than any dozen of your average 20-somethings ever dreamed of, and even at my most inebriated, I'd never toss a keg into a fire. That's just fucking stupid. And whoever did it should spend 10 years in federal pound them in the ass prison.

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

When I was in high school, I put a can of beer in the fire. Even that was a pretty good pop, so I can't imagine what the keg did.

Draft saved Draft deleted