1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kidd returning to Dallas, per the WWL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by silvershadow1981, Feb 13, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Meanwhile, the Nets -- with Kidd NOT dressed -- are celebrating the deal by getting their asses kicked by 30 points in Toronto

2. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

If that's true, then Songbird should have his posting rights banned for another year (I think I read he was already banned for one year on another thread).

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Is Kidd on his way to Dallas?

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Excellent deal for the Mavs if they get Stackhouse back.

When you can deal for a hungry, veteran walking triple double with something to prove, you do it. The Mavs are gunning for a championship. Harris is a better shooter, but Kidd is a far better passer, rebounder, and playmaker and he still has a few productive seasons left.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok, I'll keep it simple for you Spn.

Shooting Pct. TO/game PPG

Kidd this season: 36.6% 3.6 11.3

Kidd last season: 40.6% 2.7 13.3

He has hit the skids, and is completely overvalued in comparison to Harris right now, let alone next season and beyond.

6. FightScribe

FightScribe Member

Well, I guess no one can ever say Devean George didn't make an impact on the NBA. Stiff.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You are high. Harris has outperformed Kidd this season, and as is noted in Hollinger's piece, he won't get nearly as many rebounds or assists in Dallas' isolation offense.

This is a horrible, horrible move, and a good thing for the Mavs that George might be able to scupper it.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

In which he did, invoking his no-trade clause.

9. rube

rube Active Member

How in the HELL did George EVER get a no-trade clause!?!?! Good God, that's like John Salley (during his Bulls-Lakers years) having a no-trade.

Awful.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It'll still get done. No way Kidd can come back now. George might get a good chunk of cash.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

GB:

I never said this was a good trade for the Mavs..I think Harris is a very good player and Kidd is definitely on the downside.

I questioned the need for an analysis done with contrived stats like PER and true shooting percentage.

The Nets would geta point guirad with a future, the Mavs would get a point guard with a past ... if Devean George allows it.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

But the point is you can point out Harris has surpassed Kidd this season with his production.

The trouble is, with Kidd's reputation, you need figures to back up that assertion. That's what Hollinger was doing in his piece, and something most NBA teams look at nowadays before deciding to pull the trigger on these kind of deals.

When you get people who think this is still 2002, it's becomes a neccesary evil.

Draft saved Draft deleted