1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kidd returning to Dallas, per the WWL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by silvershadow1981, Feb 13, 2008.

1. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3244102

This arms race is hilarious, when none of these teams are capable of beating Detroit or even San Antonio. Thoughts, anyone?

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sounds like a good enough deal for the Nets. I would rather they not lose Kidd, but with the crap that is going on... he needs to move on.

3. So does this mean we can go a couple months without a "Jason Kidd wants out" story?

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Somewhere, Dave D. is gently weeping.

Look, the mistake was re-upping VC. He and Kidd do not play the same style and you were not going to win with the two of them. I think that they maximized what they could get in a trade for either of the two.

5. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Great deal for the Nets, awful deal for the Mavs.

Sure, Kidd might be great for Dallas for a season or two, but Harris and Jefferson will build the new foundation for the Nets for years to come.

All the players the Nets got are extremely serviceable. Just another reason now that I think the Hawks are going to fail to make the playoffs.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Two first round picks and a full set of reserves for Jason Kidd and Malik Allen?

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So much for what Cuban said over the weekend. This is a horrible deal for the Mavs. Why are you moving Devin Harris?

8. rube

rube Active Member

I couldn't agree more. I'm not sure what will end up better? a) Shaq having a seizure at half court during like his 3rd game back b) Jason Kidd whining about how he hates being in ANOTHER place (even if he's been there before) after about two weeks and c) watching the city of Boston melt down and say they "knew this would happen" after the Big 3 get tired and collapse in the playoffs.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

That's not THAT much talent going to Nets in return for Kidd. Diop is four inches from becoming the black Shawn Bradley, Devean George is getting really old and Maurice Ager is an unkown at this point. So basically it's a Kidd/Allen for Harris/Stackhouse trade. Sure, the Nets win out because Harris will have more years to play, but it's not THAT lopsided.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Stackhouse brings a ton more off the bench than Allen will, and Harris is just coming into his own. Mavs are crazy if they sign off on this.

Where's Cuban?

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

[​IMG]

Oh, you said where's CubaN.

Stackhouse will give the Nets one or two more years and the same amount of hustle they are getting now from their team. Harris is injured too, so they are without a good point guard.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's a pretty good deal for the Nets. Devin Harris, the picks, the money and a bunch of expiring contracts. I'd personally drive Kidd to the physical to get it done quickly before they change their mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted