1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kid Nation

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

If you have kids, no doubt you had to watch this last night on CBS....

Not a bad show for first night. Kid gets $20,000 on one night, that's nice news. The show had some fallout from a parent whose kid had some insect bites and other lingering issues...I think he/she had some minor injuries and the parents were trying to sue....I think it would add to the adult viewing pleasure if they had the parents of these kids in an adjacent town with access to watch what's happening in the Kid Nation so that we could see those living through their kids and the obvious backstabbing that would make the adult nation look like a bunch of fools, giving us a good mix of comic relief.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

first episode was a snoozefest. and the little girl who won the $20,000, am i the only one who thought she sounded like a 30-year-old?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Kid Nation" drew 9.1 million viewers and won its timeslot, according to the overnights.

But "Jericho" drew 11.7 million in its debut last year in the same slot and maintained between 9 and 10 million before CBS started jacking around with its schedule.

Disappointing showing for "Kid Nation." I predict it'll be off by early November.

4. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Not a very good debut number considering the promos and all the free press it was getting.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

They'll trade it to Nickolodeon.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1396967/

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

By four days, even...

9. Tom Petty