1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kid has $1M riding on Panthers game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I wouldn't bet on Pitt, either.

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

If either of them had any brains whatsoever, they would have booked a flight to Vegas this morning and put their life savings and maxed out their credit cards on Atlanta to hedge.

Barring that, they should have set up an account on Bodog or another online book and done the same thing.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

TMI.

Though I wonder why you are sad.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Different streak. That one's muuuuuch longer.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Good luck moving half-a-million in Vegas in anything resembling an efficient, timely manner --
    unless you're a huge table-game sucker one of the larger hotels is interested in catering to,
    at any price.

Moving this kind of money around offshore is now virtually impossible for a U. S. citizen . . . not to mention that getting paid in a timely manner from most offshores is problematic, at this point.

6. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I'm just saying that making a sizable wager would not have been a problem. There are still offshore places that cater to U.S. citizens, and if you plan ahead, you can make the Vegas scenario work too.
    If I had gotten up to around 19 or 20 wins, hell, I start hedging.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wow, dude with 24 in a row picked the Pack tonight. I have a feeling he just punched a window.

Next up -- some guy with 22 in a row has the Saints. Two people with 21 have the Saints.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The guy is going to be in therapy for months.

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

The longest I ever had was nine. I'm back up to four now - and it's taken me nearly two weeks.

That's probably the point with this game - there's not always a guaranteed winner available.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And we're back to 0.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ehhh, what would you have done with a million anyway

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Bought SportsJournalists.com sportsjournalists.com.

Draft saved Draft deleted