1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kickoff Classics, Jamborees, Pre-Season Games

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CoreyDavis, Aug 26, 2009.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

In one zero week case, one of our schools had the league by the last week of the season and is playing what would have been its opponent week 10. Makes sense. I've covered a couple of games where teams were playing OOC in the last week of the season and it resembled more the final NFL preseason game, especially if a team had playoffs around the corner.

2. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I went to a scrimmage last night, this morning had my intern cover the scrimmage our other school had. We already had season preview interviews done for stories coming out next week (we're a weekly), so basically I used the scrimmages for pictures, getting reacquainted with the speed, test out the settings and dependability of this very used camera I just bought, and a chance to network.
    The school I went to last night also had fall sports picture day yesterday, so I got team pics, mugshots of top players for most sports and most interviews for season preview stories done.

Draft saved Draft deleted