1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KFC wants to kill us all; or, Colonel, you spoil us!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TrooperBari, Aug 26, 2009.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's Back!

KFC Announces the Return of the Double Down

[​IMG]

Get excited, America, because KFC has decided to re-release its massively-hyped super stunt sandwich the Double Down, USA Today reports. This bacon and cheese sandwich with fried chicken filets instead of buns debuted in 2010 and is slated to make its comeback on April 21st.

As like last time around, the Double Down will only be available for a limited time, but it's hard to say whether the sandwich will cause the same sort of frenzy it did the first time around. Will New York Times critic Pete Wells take a cue from his predecessor Sam Sifton and scope it out? Will the vegans fret loudly for the nation's innocent children? Will Stephen Colbert still like it? Only time will tell.

UPDATE 11:45 A.M.: A PR rep for KFC confirms to Eater that the Double Down is definitely coming back: "IT'S TRUE. The infamous bread-less sandwich will be back for a limited time beginning 4/21."

http://eater.com/archives/2014/04/16/kfc-is-putting-the-double-down-back-on-the-menu.php

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you're on a low-carb diet, that could be perfect.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I had one the last time around.

Really not that good, and there aren't enough napkins in the world.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I'm quoting myself here because I found myself unable to remember what a tortada is (my previous response being four years old probably having a lot to do with that). I had to Google it to remind myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted