1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KFC wants to kill us all; or, Colonel, you spoil us!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TrooperBari, Aug 26, 2009.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Have you people never had Chicken Cordon Bleu? Or am I missing something?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I think this thing is healthier than the chicken cordon bleu. Seriously.

3. KG

KG Active Member

Good point.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Had one today, with an order of potato wedges and a pepsi for 7.49

Wasn't too bad, but was so fucking hot, I think I have third degree burns on my fingers.

Thank goodness they put in one of those handi-dandi little sporks in the sack.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

The Double Down will go down as the most overrated shock food of all time. It's not even the worst-for-you chicken sandwich you can get in fast food -- think BK Tendercrisp, Arby's Chicken Parmesan Sub or Hardees' Big Chicken Filet. As mentioned, you've already had this in the Cordon Bleu, and every steakhouse and TGI Tuesdaybee's the world over has smothered chicken on their menu, which is what this is, only with less cheese.

Had one a couple of nights ago. Not bad. Not great, either. Didn't fill me up, and the bacon got lost, which should never happen. I think the sauce was some sort of southwestern ranch or mayo. Didn't really need it. You'd think a sandwich with pepper jack wouldn't be as bland as it is.

It'll cost more, BUT: Two Chick-Fil-A Chicken Club sandwiches, hold the buns. Same thing, much better chicken. Plus you actually get lettuce and tomato for you damned health people.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The news item I saw said the Double Down had 540 calories.
    http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/pdf/kfc_nutrition.pdf

A Subway 12 turkey sandwich with NO mayo or cheese has more calories.

7. But the Double Down does have 32 grams of fat.
    The grilled version is 460 with 23 grams of fat.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Awesome pull.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Trust me, I understand fat content.

But 540/32 fat is not a killer by today's standards. Not even close. Its like eating a quarter pounder with the regular fries.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Double Quarter Pounder with cheese is 740 calories with 42 grams of fat.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No way dude, a quarter pounder and regular fries is well above that. And who gets regular fries? Of course it is always a large fry.

Anyway, the sandwich is certainly a hit because everyone is ordering it. Now I've got to try this tortada thing.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Alll righty then...

I'd love to tell y'all where that sauce came from... but a non-disclosure agreement with the colonel's people prohibits me from doing so.

I give myself a D-plus for that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted