1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KFC wants to kill us all; or, Colonel, you spoil us!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TrooperBari, Aug 26, 2009.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

No wonder there's such a push for improving health care in America. Look what's coming down the pike:

[​IMG]

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dailydish/2009/08/bellying-up-to-kfcs-double-down-.html
    http://consumerist.com/5342699/kfc-has-a-bacon-sandwich-that-uses-fried-chicken-as-bread
    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/video/default-ap.aspx?cp-documentid=5ed52652-023c-4e1d-adb0-91de4bb36623

You apparently get 1,700 calories for $6.99. That puts even the Famous Bowls to shame.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

The idea of this guy's "special sauce" makes me queasy.

[​IMG]

3. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

And I'm impressed with this overall. 1,700 calories? Managing to recreate Special Sauce into an even creepier term? Kudos, kudos to you, KFC. So much for your healthier grilled efforts, we all know where your heart is.

4. TrooperBari

On the operating table?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm sorry, but holy shit does that look good...

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

It makes me sick just to look at it.

Of course, I've got a full stomach now. Maybe if I were hungrier. And could win a hefty cash prize for eating it, a la Fear Factor.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Should come with a coupon for a:

[​IMG]

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's something I would eat once and then never again. I couldn't tell you the last time I went to a KFC, and $6.99 for a sandwich is insane, but that will do well, especially down south.

The stackers at BK sell incredibly well and I doubt they're much worse for you than KFC's latest offering.

9. TrooperBari

In fairness, I believe it's $6.99 for a combo. The potato wedges and drink might push the calorie count past 2,000.

[​IMG]

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

This sandwich makes me hate America.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Hopefully Raptor Jesus will forgive our sins.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Fuck that shit, I'll eat it once. And then I'll wait patiently for Hardee's and Bojangles to return fire.

Draft saved Draft deleted