1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KFC bowl thingy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 16, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

quote author=Trey Beamon link=topic=32982.msg857043#msg857043 date=1161037353]
    Tried it once...yuck. There's just too much going on.

I'll save my cash for "Endless Shrimp" at Red Lobster.
    [/quote]

Red Lobster. Ick.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

As a sidenote, in China, the KFC restaurants sell soup. They are not bad. Also, the chicken is different (that really shouldn't be a surprise) it tastes more like Popeyes.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nicky: Popeye's chicken is fuckin' awesome!
    Demon: Popeye's chicken is the shiznit!

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

One word. Yuck.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

In North Carolina, KFC sells ice cream. Or at least they used to.

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

There's something so very artery-clogging about the whole bowl.

Having said that, it's like a little plastic bowl o' comfort food.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

For some reason, I've always loved KFC's mashed potatoes with brown gravy. And I was spoiled by my mom actually mashing potatoes every time we had mashed potatoes.

As for this bowl thing.. I'm not going to try it. The original snacker is tasty, but the bowl just seems to be a bit too much.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The snackers are bloody disgusting. Salty and devoid of anything resembling flavor. If Goodwill stores sold slider buns, that's where KFC would be getting them. I'd rather spend the extra dollar and get a legit chicken sandwich ... or 1.50 more and go to Chick-Fil-Fucking-A.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

First, I'm always open to those kinds of food mash-ups (hello shepherd's pie!), but I'm not sure I'll go out of my way for this just because I don't darken KFC's door very often. I did enjoy the heck outta their chicken pot pies a few years ago. Do they still make those?

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Just so you know, when I went to the doctopr last week for my check up, I found out that my cholesterol was just 180 (bad cholesterol was normal and good cholesterol was a little low), so there...

Now, my triglycerides, that's another story :-\

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

If we had Chick-Fil-Fucking-A, I'd visit Chick-Fil-Fucking-A. But the best I can do round here is the KFC and new Popeyes

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

I love CFA! Wish there was one within a few hours drive.
    As for the KFC bowl, the idea of corn with potatoes, gravy and cheese makes we want to barf which would probably look like the contents of the bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted