1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KFAN broadcaster arrested on drug charges

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Jeff Dubay, broadcaster for KFAN sports radio out of the Twin Cities, was arrested on drug charges Wednesday evening, specifically, meth.

Police: KFAN Broadcaster Arrested For Holding Meth

To get on my high horse a moment, have we not learned how horrible a drug meth is? Maybe I'm majorly jaded from covering the cops beat, but good heavens! Meth is one of the most toxic concoctions, it rots you from your insides out. If you haven't read up on it, just read the list of ingredients of what goes into it - drain cleaner, people! Drain cleaner! Structures which housed meth labs? They're treated as hazardous materials sites. It's one of those "don't even think about trying this, it will ruin your life forever."

Jeff, if you're out there, please. Get help. And good luck.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wow. That's puzzling.

Thanks for posting it, though, Rosie.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My first thought was Chad...

4. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Dadgumit.

I really enjoyed listening to "PA and Dubay" during my summer in Minneapolis without cable. Good luck Jeff.

Here's a Googled PSA to remind us all, all of our friends:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

He was off the air for a while over the summer, for undisclosed personal reasons. Not a big fan of their show - I'm a Common Man, man - but they are fairly entertaining.

6. Notepad

Notepad Member

It would have been better if it would have been a duuuuubay instead of meth.

Draft saved Draft deleted