1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keyshawn to retire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, May 23, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Brad Johnson? I knew it!!!!

2. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Boots, I've seen you make several statements implying what a great journalist you are, but I just can't buy it based on the shit we see day after day.

And its absurd you're boasting of a "damn good" memory in the very post indicating otherwise. First you state he's had "more than his share of run ins with the law" including an incident with 2 guys outside a Tampa barber shop. One page later you now admit there's only one incident (which was NOT a criminal matter) and he was actually the victim in the Tampa thing. That's evidence of a BAD memory.

3. boots

boots New Member

I don't give a damn what you are buying because I'm not selling anything. If you think Keyshawn is a great guy and choir boy, then so be it.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm going to just ignore you stroking your own ego. I couldn't care less what you think of your own reporting skills.

But in this case you were flat-out wrong. So either your memory isn't nearly as good as you think it is or you just don't mind making shit up to back up your opinion.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Boots, there's no one on this board who finds Keyshawn more repugnant than I do. But he hasn't gotten into trouble away from the field. Created trouble within his team? Sure. But he's not one of the NFL's anti-poster boys off it.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Keyshawn spent time in a youth detention center before he went to USC.

7. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Don't think we can hold offenses as a kid growing up in south central LA against him. As an adult, he's led a law-abiding life.

8. Herbert Anchovy

He has a criminal history. It's a fact.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Do you know what he was detained for LJB?

10. boots

boots New Member

LJB thanks for the information. And I know there's something else but I really can't think of when the incident ocurred.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That "damn good memory" acting up again?

12. Herbert Anchovy

Scalping tickets and looting during the L.A. riots in '92.

Draft saved Draft deleted