1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keyshawn to retire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, May 23, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I don't think that's strictly true, especially in football, especially for receivers. Are you going to say that Jerry Rice puts up the same numbers with Chad Pennington under center?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Rickelikely doesn't put up the same numbers, but still Hall of Fame numbers.

I would point to Walter Payton as Exhibit A. Like Keyshawn, he was never the biggest, fastest or strongest at his position. But he was one of the greatest. He never played with any talent around him until the twilight of his career. By then he was well on his way to becoming the NFL's rushing leader. Great players make the most of the situation they're in, good, bad or otherwise. Talking strictly receivers, how about Steve Largent? Who were the great QBs he played with?

And as far Irvin, he also was overrated. But he has three rings to fall back on. Both he and Keyshawn oversold themselves their entire careers, and many in the media went right along.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. Boots, you're the one tossing around accusations. Apparently you are unable to back them up.

4. boots

boots New Member

No, I don't have the time to do it. Again, they were isolated incidents that should not be hard for good reporters to find.
    There are no acusations.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Oh, I see, you're not accusing him of anything.

6. boots

boots New Member

You act like I'm saying something that no one has heard before. What do I have to gain by accusing Keyshawn Johnson of anything?

7. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I don't recall keyshawn having any reoccuring issues involving the law

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Nothing. But when a lot of us do, we back it up with a link to a story, or facts and figures instead of letting other do our case making for us.

He's never been arrested, but you want to say he's got a rap sheet from his past. If you're going to say it, back it up.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Well, this thread now officially sucks.

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Am I the only one amazed at the amount of journalists on this site who make passing comments without citing their sources?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Keyshawn apparently admitted making some threatening phone calls to the man his ex-wife dated soon after their divorce.

Since Boots is being his usual self, here's a link. This was the only nefarious thing I could find as far as Keyshawn and the law goes. Boots, as usual, is mostly full of shit.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20050503/ai_n15826894

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Thanks chick. I note that it was a civil trial seeking damages, and that there was no mention of an arrest in the entire piece.

Draft saved Draft deleted