1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Key to the safety of women and children? Married men

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

So, DQ, just to be clear, you don't consider that incident to have been a rape?

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

You know what? Forget I asked. I have a feeling I'm not going to like the answer and I've had a crappy enough day.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When you change and climb into bed with the person, claiming rape six months later is a bit much, don't you think? She never told him he to go home. She wanted to go to sleep so she "let him finish." You do understand what "let him" means, don't you? And with a guy she'd already been "hooking up with" for the previous three months.

4. Think of what Teen Mom would be like if the girls married the baby daddy.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It amazes me how statistically illiterate people can be.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Would you mind providing an example?

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Good to know that no apparently means yes as long as you've hooked up with the person before.

8. I'm not amazed.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Correlation, causation and confounding factors.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

She said no. If you want to dispute her story, that is reasonable. If you accept her story, then she did not give consent. In that case, by law, it is rape.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This could have been a good discussion if OOP hadn't run in and shit all over it as usual.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your post is the very definition of shitting all over a thread. The discussion was progressing just fine until you decided to interrupt with a lame personal attack.

Tony shit on it from the beginning by violating board policy.

I've moved on to attempting to educate Tony regarding the law where rape is concerned. Granted, that may be a waste of time, but I don't think it qualifies as shitting on the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.