1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kevin Spacey - What Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by LanceyHoward, Dec 26, 2018.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Back to the point: Can we assume Spacey does not have a PR consultant?

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I am a little bit surprised so many people even made it to the last season. I stopped after season 2 or three.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If he does, he certainly isn't taking the consultant's advice.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Lordy.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

But Mike Tyson is celebrated and in the Hangover movies after serving three years for rape.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I know.
    I wouldn't even get my pants unzipped and I'd be done.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Diane Lane is awesome. And I like Kinnear. The problem with the season was their characters were totally unnecessary given the way the season played out. The final scene could have been the first scene of the season with nothing lost.

I also figure Netflix can sue Spacey for trade infringement for portraying the character he was not authorized to portray causing damage to the brand.

PS - I've always thought that Netflix Ba-Bum sound they use was a takeoff of Spacey knocking his ring on the desk in HoC- am I wrong?

8. outofplace

The environment has changed, but I'm not a big fan of celebrating Tyson, either.

9. outofplace

I assumed the same thing about the sound.

You probably have a point about Spacey opening himself up to a lawsuit.

I also like Lane and Kinnear, but I didn't care for the characters. They were just shoehorned into the story to try to somehow replace Spacey and it didn't work. They definitely did a lot of wheel-spinning for a story that could have been wrapped up in an hour or two.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't really remember the case when it happened, outside of Tyson going to prison. My dad is convinced he should have never been convicted, which goes against his typical opinion in those kinds of things.

He's spouted off all the reasons before, but I can't remember them.

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Lane and Kinnear were hired to be allies of Frank. So when he disappeared their characters had to be reworked. There were never properly set up in the scripts as a result.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I dig Kinnear, but he is constantly one of those guys you have to look up on imd and say "Oh Krap.....he was in that?!"

Draft saved Draft deleted