1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kevin Spacey strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by clutchcargo, Feb 1, 2009.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Most of you folks are probably movie buffs, and I"m writing this here because this is the only place I do this type of thing regularly and need to get it off my chest.

I just saw the new movie "Taken" with Liam Neeson. If you go see it, there's a French police officer in the film named Jean-Claude who in the credits is listed as some actor named Olivier DaBourdin. I swear it's Kevin Spacey in toupee and a touchup of makeup doing a great French accent, and this is just another one of his little inside jokes----remember, Spacey is an ace at impersonations and accents. Even his voice, when you get beyond the accent, sounds much like Spacey's.

Check it out for yourself. By the way, fun flick with Neeson channeling Jack Bauer and Jason Bourne. But If you love Obama, the ACLU and agree with the decision to shut down Gitmo and take the edge out of interrogations, this film will probably send you into a tizzy.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is a j-board topic...how?

3. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I covered the movie and am reporting on it. Sorry to waste your valuable time. Maybe I should have wasted 20 minutes instead writing up a satire of the jwitt email at the S-T or the Sound Bend memo to employees about documenting their time, as elsewhere on this site.

You mean serious j-board stuff like that?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Another horribly titled thread... How about "Taken" on the Anything Goes board?

I also saw the movie. Surprisingly not bad.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

No, I mean if you're going to post about a movie and use it as an excuse to bash those who don't agree with you politically, do it on anything goes or the politics board.

You did not say word one about covering the movie or reviewing it and the movie has nothing to do (judging from your post) about journalism. You wanted to be snarky and start crap and you put it on the wrong board.

Better luck next time.

7. I'm not one to pick sides, but this is clearly different from either of those threads. Sure, some of the posts on those threads are off-topic or clowning around, but the thread itself involves journalism. This one, other than the fact that you covered it (which clearly only involves you), does not.

8. jps

jps Active Member

yeah, saw this about three weeks ago or so and really liked it. neeson did a great job. like the bourne flicks, only he had a little different dynamic.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yes.

Yes!

YES!

[​IMG]

This is the greatest journalism topic, EVAH!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I are very confused.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I do like Obama and agree with his decision to shut down Guantanamo and stop torturing prisoners, but I still might enjoy the movie and I might enjoy 24 if I was ever home to watch it.
    Taken and 24 are fiction. I know it. I understand it. I might find it entertaining, but I don't think what goes on in the movies or on TV would be good policy or effective in real life.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hey asshole! Put your motherfucking thread in the motherfucking correct category or I'll stick my motherfucking baton up your motherfucking ass!

[/threadpolicebrutality]

Draft saved Draft deleted