1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kevin Roderick Observed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tucsondriver, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

I'm a regular LA Observed viewer, look at every day. Just wondering if it's just me, or does it seem like Roderick's gotten a little feistier lately. For anyone out there who's unaware of LAO, it's considered one of the most reliable sources for LA media news, and I think Roderick is probably one of the most insightful and reputable bloggers around. Just not used to what seems like a changed voice. Here's a snippet from Roderick's item on Chris Brown's sentencing:

"He could be lucky some fan of hers doesn't take him out back and kick his ass."

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Now that you mention it, I noticed that, too.
    Check out the Microsoft ad that was photoshopped for use in Poland:

3. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

I remembered another one I found in the archives, about a rare job opening for breaking news reporter at the LADN:

"Anyone who contacts LAO to find out how to reach Ryan is, by definition, unqualified for the job."

There have been several others, just don't remember off the top of my head. It seems like he's doing a lot more Dodgers and Lakers posts than in the past too.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The snarky cartoonist he added a month or so ago is another hint at a change in direction.

IIRC, he's mentioned SJ a time or two.
  5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I'm not sure if it's a change in Kevin, or that you're seeing more of Kevin.
    That's pretty much his wit.
Draft saved Draft deleted