1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kevin Krier, Coffeyville Journal (Kansas)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by apeman33, Feb 2, 2008.

1. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

For those of you in Kansas who are not yet aware, Kevin Krier passed away this morning. He was found in the Journal's office last night and was lifeflighted to Wichita but they couldn't save him. I found out when I was walking into the gym to cover the juco basketball games against Coffeyville this afternoon. The Coffeyville radio guy told me and he said his station was dedicating their broadcast of the games to him.

I've known Kevin since he was SE at Garden City. He's not been in the best of health, but not the worst, either, so this was still a shocker.

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Holy shit.

That's too bad. Kevin was a hell of a nice guy.

3. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

Tremendously sad news. Kevin was good people. He worked hard for the Journal and was well-liked across the state.

4. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Damn, Kevin was a good guy. Covered a great many games on the Kansas juco circuit, so we crossed paths quite often, both in GC and C'ville and a few places in between. Best wishes at this time to his extended family

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

never met him. but damn, what a shitty way to go out ... at your desk.

6. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

For some Tom, it is the only way to go out.

And RIP Mr. Krier.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and i forgot ... RIP

8. Damaramu

Damaramu Member

RIP......with Steve Brown going too(voice of the Red Demons) it sounds like a lot of the good ones in Kansas are going.

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Sorry to hear this news. I didn't know Kevin well, but we crossed paths a time or two on the KJCCC and SEK League circuits, and he seemed like a good enough dude.

RIP Kevin.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Dammit man ... Kevin was one of the good guys. I'm a juco guy myself and I saw Kevin several times a year. Nice dude who worked hard. Probably did more than he should have, but he loved what he did. Good writer too.

This March won't be the same not B.S.ing with Kevin.

11. I didn't know this guy but, as a community, I think the best way to remember one of our own on these threads is to show everybody his work. Good, clean, professional.
    RIP.

http://www.thekansan.com/stories/111903/spo_1119030036.shtml

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted